Self Care Yoga | Mountain Side Yoga
Table of Contents
It’s been a long day and its time for some good ‘ol self care yoga. We’ve got you covered, friend, with a relaxing flow to empower you to feel your best as you pursue self care yoga. This flow was specifically created to help you get out of your head, into your body, and enjoy the magical moments of everyday life!
Hey, I’m Emmy, CYI here at Celebrate Again, where we believe that we should live life to the fullest. With this self care yoga flow, you’ll find a mantra to get your mind connected and a simple flow with modifications for all body types and skill levels.
In this 30-minute self care yoga video, we’ll go through some simple postures that can empower you to care for yourself and dwell in the magic of everyday life.
Self Care Yoga Video: Mountain Side Yoga
Enjoy Friends! Leave a comment letting me know how you feel after!
Meditation For Self Care
As we are flowing through this self-care yoga practice I’ll read to you this quote by Victoria Erickson from her book, Edge of Wonder:
“Promise to stay wild with me.
We’ll seek and return and stay
and find beauty in the extraordinary
in all the spaces we can claim.
How to breathe magic
into the mundane.”
You can continue to practice this meditation for inner peace on your own using this self-care mantra
Inhale: Linger in Beauty
Exhale: Dwell in the magic (mystery/God) of the mundane
Bonus Self Care Yoga, Mountain Side Yoga ScreenSaver
Self Care Yoga Poses
Wondering what poses we’ll cover in this self care yoga flow? Here’s a breakdown of some of the self care, self love yoga poses we’ll be doing throughout the practice. I’ve also included some modifications in these lists if you find those to be helpful for where your body is today. As always, in the practice of yoga, never do anything that causes pain, and please consult a physician before practicing any new forms of exercise.
Self Care Yoga Mountain Side Yoga Poses Explained
- Knees To Chest
- If this doesn’t feel good to your spine, you can always roll to one side, using your top hand to push you up to a seated position.
- Simple Seated
- Placing a block or pillow underneath your sits bones can help you sit up straight if you are struggling to find alignment.
- Table Top
- If this causes pain in your knees, consider placing a towel or blanket for more cushion under your knees.
- Be mindful to press into all four corners of your hands to not place undue pressure on your fingertips.
- Cat / Cow
- Skip cow pose if you are pregnant
- Downward Facing Dog
- If this pose bothers your wrists, focus on putting weight into your fingertips instead of the bottom of your palms
- Forward Fold
- Star Pose
- Standing Open A Fold
- Cow Face
- Three Legged Downard Dog
- You can always lower the back knee. If this causes pain in your knees, consider placing a towel or blanket for more cushion under your knees.
- Runners Stretch
- Modified Toe Stand
- This can always be done supported with a block underneath your sacrum or very low back.
- Supine Twist
Self Care Yoga | Tips
Mat Optional But It Helps
Having a yoga mat isn’t necessary, though it helps with grip and padding. A soft rug or large towel will do.
If you’re looking for a great yoga mat, we love cork yoga mats because they are environmentally friendly and chemical free for you too!
[table id=5 /]
Want to have an epic experience with your partner?
When I’m not leading yoga and self love, you’ll find me helping couples like you have epic connection experiences.
I’m also couples photographers but more importantly I’m a couple experience maker.
I believe that your anniversary deserves a unique celebration, one that takes you away from the every day overwhelm and into a place that allows for deep connection. I’d love to help guide you in crafting an unforgettable experience that we hope will transform your relationship deeply. Learn more about hiring me as your anniversary photographer!
Celebrating your anniversary soon? Learn more about what to do for your anniversary!