I’ve never really liked veggies, peas even grossed me out. I have a vivid memory of my mom making chicken pot pie from scratch, like I mean even the crust. And I would peel open the pie and pick out the carrots and peas. Yep, I was that child, so you can imagine how far I’ve come in my journey down this Paleo lifestyle. But, I have to admit these Cauliflower nuggets will deceive even the pickiest of eaters. (Uhm, my self included haha).
Paleo Cauliflower Nuggets Recipe
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder/granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder/granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander see powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated or finely diced
- Half of a lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey (Optional)
- Generous pinch of salt
- Generous pinch of chili powder
- Preheat oven to 430F Prepare two baking sheets with non stick coconut oil or olive oil spray or parchment paper.
- Mix cauliflower and eggs in a large bowl. Tossing well to make sure each piece is fully coated.
- In a separate medium sized bowl mix together coating.
- Working with a n individual piece of cauliflower at at time, shaking off excess egg then dip into coating, shake off excess and place on to prepared baking sheet. Evenly space out cauliflower pieces. Repeat until all pieces are coated and placed on the baking trays.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove tray flip cauliflower pieces over. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- To make sauce mix all ingredients into a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil. Turn heat down and boil for one minute then remove from heat. If you skip the honey the sauce will look clumpy but will still taste delicious.
- Serve sauce on the side or drizzle over cauliflower nuggets. Enjoy!
*Notes & Variations:
- Feel free to double to recipe and freeze nuggets! They will go fast!
- Keep sauce stored in a mason jar or air tight container. When you re-heat it heat over the stove top or for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Cauliflower nuggets are best re-heated in the toaster oven or oven again at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
Love the photography? Learn more about how I’m also a portland branding photographer