Who doesn’t love banana bread? With my little one now being on a nut free and gluten free diet we’ve lost a lot of bread like foods in our diet. So I was so excited when I figured out a vegan, egg free, paleo, nut and coconut free banana bread recipe! Yay for exploring.
This bread recipe didn’t fluff as much as I would haven liked it to but it was still none the less delicious. If you’re keeping eggs in your diet you can sub the flax eggs for 3 regular eggs or The Neat Vegan egg mix.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 flax eggs (2tbps ground flax seed 3 tbps water)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4c honey
- 1/2c avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp soda
- 1bps gourd cinnamon
- 1/2 salt
- 1 1/2c cassava flour (or 2c almond flour, I haven’t tried this though)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan 9×5 by wiping with coconut oil or winning with parchment paper.
- With a standard mixer or with a masher mash banana and flax eggs together. Mix in honey, vanilla and oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, cinnamon and soda.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet. Stir until combined, don’t over mix the batter will be thick and clumpy.
- Pour batter into pan, and smooth the top out with the back of your spoon.
- Bake for 1hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. If needed place an extra piece of parchment paper on top of loaf to keep from burning the top.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and transfer entire loaf and parchment paper to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store in air tight container or freeze to enjoy some later! Enjoy
*Notes & Variations:
- You can use regular eggs in this if you’re not vegan or on the medical medium protocol. In which case just sub the flax eggs for 3 eggs.
- You can use almond or another nut flour for this if you’d like but I haven’t tried this. I’d recommend using 2cups instead of 1 1/2c
Love the photography? Learn more about how I’m also a portland branding photographer